Lakeview Hearing Date Set: 12/4/12
The Oakland City Council will hear our appeal on Tuesday, December 4th at 5:30 pm. It’s very important that we have a large number of our supporters there. Please join us! City Hall is at One Frank Ogawa Plaza (14th & Broadway). There is a parking lot one block away at 14th & Clay, and 12th Street/City Center BART is one block away. If you need a ride to the meeting, email us and we will hook you up.
This will be our last chance to get a small slice of off-leash space in central Oakland. All of the parkland in the Lake Merritt area is completely off-limits to people with dogs, even on leash. All we are asking for is half an acre. Help us end this inequity.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP OUR CAUSE:
- Come to the meeting on December 4th. If you want to speak, let us know. We’d be happy to help you with speaking points if you’d like.
- Write to City Council, and tell them to approve this park. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org, use our handy form, send a handwritten letter to Council, Oakland City Hall, One Frank Ogawa Plaza, Oakland, CA 94612, Call your City Council member.
- Watch our videos, and spread the word to your friends.
- If you haven’t already, please join our Facebook page. We will keep you posted on next steps.
- Share our post on Facebook about this meeting, and tell your friends to come.
- If you’d like to volunteer to help, send us an email.